Saturday, June 21, 2008

Saturday - 06212008



Berb's 5th and final WOD:

"Fight Gone Bad"
-Wall ball, reps
-Sumo deadlift high pull, reps
-Box Jumps, 20", reps
-Push press, 75lbs, reps
-Row, calories
*5 rounds
*1 minutes per exercise, repeat for 5 rounds.
*You may rest for 1 minute between rounds
*1 point per rep, w/ rower - 1 point per calorie


I don't have (1) wall ball, (2) adequate box, or (3) a rowing machine...so I'm thinking about subbing this, unless I can get some replacements for those 3 exercises...:

75lbx5
Thrusters
Push Press
SDHP
OH Squat
Bench

Max Reps; 1 minute per exercise

Berb, how much is the 20lb medicine ball there where you're at? Can someone ship me a table saw so I can max a box?

Website of the day: www.marksdailyapple.com

Good week Berb...next time be here to do the posting yourself. Berb laid on the box jumps this week!!!

5 comments:

Berb said...

box jumps are easy enough. Some gyms don't have boxes, so you jump on the benches. I used the bench of a picnic table while I was on vacation. I was looking all over trying to find a suitable rock or something, but settled on a picnic table instead.

i'll try to find a plan for some boxes and maybe i'll cut the parts and ship it to you and have you assemble.

the wall ball was $50. it is a 20 lb ball and the brand is title boxing. I bought it from Sports Exchange in Tempe AZ. They didn't have any more at the time but was expecting a shipment in August. If you are interested, I'll get their contact info for you. Most wall balls on the internet at $120 to $130. So $50 could not be passed by.

Jake Buchanan said...

323 reps of 75lb version of fight gone bad
75lb, bench, thrusters, snatch, sumo deadlift high pull and push press.......i'm weak

Berb said...

total points of 337.

SDHP =73
Wall Balls =73
Box Jumps =94
Push Press =62
Thrusters =35

in that order. I subbed thrusters for the row. I did 5 rounds which took about 38 minutes. I was glad to be done with this one. Those last two rounds were punishing. Not having the rower and having to do the thrusters instead, was difficult, because the thrusters are very similar to the push press.

Tom said...

Total Score: 457...

My 75x5 went like this:
Bench (178)
Thruster (57)
SDHP (83)
OH Squat (69)
Push Press (82)

Round 1: 114
Round 2: 95
Round 3: 81
Round 4: 84
Round 5: 83

By the start of round 3, it was a labor to keep each round above 80. What started out as a recovery of 5-10 seconds between exercises soon became 30 seconds of recovery and it took no small amount of effort to just stay focused the last 30 seconds of each exercise.

Definitely a good WOD...it kicked my tail, but I'd like to revisit this one later down the road.

Jake Buchanan said...

fantastic video clip chuck.....

and good job on the wod!!

Modern Forager