Tuesday, December 16, 2008

CJ



Clean and Jerk 1x1x1x1x1

Clean 1x1x1

The Ten Commandments of Lifting

1. Use whole body lifts, rarely isolate a muscle.
2. Constantly strive for more weight on the bar and move it faster.
3. The best anabolic is water.
4. Are you willing to eat raw eggs or raw milk? If not don't ask me anything about nutrition.
5. If you smoke, don't wear your seatbelt, eat hydrogenated oils or eat McDonalds please don't tell me the quick lifts are dangerous.
6. Go heavy, go hard.
7. Keep it simple. Less is more.
8. You have to put the bar over your head.
9. Put the bar on the floor and pick it up a bunch of different ways.
10. Know and love the roots of your sport

Taken from Danjohn.org. Modified by the Ant.

2 comments:

Jake Buchanan said...

One Clean & Jerk followed by 5 front squats.
Round 1: 135
Round 2: 145
Round 3: 155
Round 4: 165
Round 5: 175

Tried 185 and failed 5 times, I wanted it in the worst way, but I couldn't get my stinking elbows under it. I got it to my chest, but I didn't have the courage to finish.

Finished with 5x155# clean.

Berb said...

i did this one and wednesdays at the same time on Monday 12/22.

95, 115, 135, 155, 165

i tried 175 twice but couldn't get it. the first time i almost had it but didn't realize that this weight was at my threshold.

i did this as a warm up and followed it by dl's and push ups.

Modern Forager