Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Thursday - Rest Day



Ponder (post thoughts to message board):

(1) "The move to take the capital the citizens have saved will be disguised as a means of alleviating the needs of the poor, or equalizing the burdens of government, of sharing the wealth. When that comes, the conquest of citizens will be complete; tyranny will be enthroned till liberty is again brought back across many bloody fields of battle. Thus will history again repeat itself." - J. Reuben Clark.

(2) "Should I keep back my opinions at such a time, through fear of giving offense, I should consider myself as guilty of treason towards my country, and of an act of disloyalty toward the Majesty of Heaven ... Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death." - Patrick Henry

(3) "Our civilization and our people are seemingly afraid to be revolutionary. We are too "broadminded" to challenge what we do not believe in. We are afraid of being intolerant - uncouth - ungentlemanly. We have become lukewarm in our beliefs ... This is a sad commentary on a civilization which has given to mankind the greatest achievements and progress ever known. But it is even a sadder commentary on those of us who call ourselves Christians, who thus betray the ideals given to us by the Son of God himself." - Ezra Taft Benson

(4) "Any Christian constitutionalist who retreats from this battle [establishment and preservation of freedom] jeopardizes his life here and hereafter. Seldom has so much responsibility hung on so few so heavily ... The cause of freedom is a most basic part of our religion. Our position on freedom helped get us to this earth and it can make a difference whether we get back home or not." - Ezra Taft Benson

1 comment:

Tom said...

Naylor - my reign as proscriber is up at the end of this week. You're up for the next 3 weeks. Is that kosher?

Berb - you're on deck after Naylor. Is that kosher?

My thoughts: I've got a lot of work to do.

Modern Forager