Friday, November 7, 2008

11082008



I'm finally back in action, following what felt like a debilitating cold. I went a good 2 days with a serious headache and barely being able to think, let alone concentrate on anything. Brutal.

Here's our punishment:

"East Wind"

400m Farmer's Walk (53 + 70lb KBs)

then...5 rounds of:
5 Deadlift @ BW x 1.25
10 Push press @ 115lbs
15 Kettlebell Swings @ 70lbs

then...conclude with one more:
400m Farmer's Walk (53 + 70lb KBs)

“Yet the individual is handicapped by coming face to face with a conspiracy so monstrous he cannot believe it exists. The American mind simply has not come to a realization of the evil which has been introduced into our midst. It rejects even the assumption that human creatures could espouse a philosophy which must ultimately destroy all that is good and decent.”
- J. Edgar Hoover, FBI Director

“The real menace of our republic is the invisible government which, like a giant octopus, sprawls its slimy length over our city, state and nation. At the head is a small groups of banking houses generally referred to as ‘international bankers.’ This little coterie of powerful international bankers virtually run our government for their own selfish ends.”
- John F. Hylan, NYC Mayor (1922)

“Brethren, let us think about that, because I say unto you with all the soberness I can, that we stand in danger of losing our liberties, and that once lost, only blood will bring them back; and once lost, we of this Church will, in order to keep the Church going forward, have more sacrifices to make and more persecutions to endure than we have yet known, heavy as our sacrifices and grievous as our persecutions of the past have been.”
- J. Reuben Clark

2 comments:

Jake Buchanan said...

I chopped wood for about 4 hours. Meaning deadlifting or swings were a bad idea.

Did 5 rounds of
4-chest to bar pullups
6-knees to elbows
8-push press @ 115#

time: 6:12

I originally thought to do amrap 20 min. Then I thought I'd do 10 rounds. Then I changed to 5 rounds. I had no gas, chopping wood took it all out of me.

Tom said...

It's just one of those days, eh, Jakob?

I had the pleasure of taking a 2.5 hour nap today...on the floor. Even with the accommodations, it was still very refreshing. Had I had any brain power, I would have gotten up and moved 3 feet into a nice comfortable bed, but at least I got my nap in.

Did this one untimed.

This cold has zapped me, a linger longer one. My body is refreshed for next week, though...that's for sure.

Modern Forager