Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Saturday's WOD "Norman"



Norman- For time:
45 x double under
45 x 135# squat clean
45 x ring dip
45 x double under

Post WOD: Watch "A River Runs Through It"
Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it. The river was cut by the world's great flood and runs over rocks from the basement of time. On some of the rocks are timeless raindrops. Under the rocks are the words, and some of the words are theirs. I am haunted by waters.

We held in common one major theory about street-fighting - if it looks like a fight is coming, get in the first punch. We both thought that most dudes aren't so tough as they talk - even dudes who look as well as talk tough. If suddenly they feel a few teeth loose, they will rub their rubs, look at the blood on their hands, and offer to buy a drink for the house. "But even if they still feel like fighting," as my brother said, "you are one big punch ahead when the fight starts."
There is just one trouble with this theory - it is only statistically true. Every once in a while you run into some guy who likes to fight as much as you do and is better at it. If you start off by loosening a few of his teeth he may try to kill you.

All there is to thinking is seeing something noticeable which makes you see something you weren't noticing which makes you see something that isn't even visible

Now nearly all those I loved and did not understand when I was young are dead, but I still reach out to them. Of course, now I am too old to be much of a fisherman, and now of course I usually fish the big waters alone, although some friends think I shouldn't. Like many fly fishermen in western Montana where the summer days are almost Arctic in length, I often do not start fishing until the cool of the evening. Then in the Arctic half-light of the canyon, all existence fades to a being with my soul and memories and the sounds of the Big Blackfoot River and a four-count rhythm and the hope that a fish will rise.

1 comment:

Jake Buchanan said...

Played bball this morning for 2 hours. Between that and the Naylor yesterday, my legs and back hammys are hammered. Mostly from the Naylor on friday, we had a group over in the morning so I went way faster than I would have by myself.

I was going to do some OHS, but my legs were having nothing with that. Instead I did:

100 muscle ups:

Round: qty time running total
1: 10 2:17 10
2: 10 2:27 20
3: 10 2:15 30
4: 10 2:44 40
5: 10 2:18 50
6: 10 3:46 60(3 failed attempts)
7: 5 :47 65
8: 5 :50 70
9: 5 :27 75
10: 5 :27 80
12: 5 :26 85
13: 5 :32 90
14: 5 :26 95
15: 5 2:28 100(3 failed attempts)


Done in a grease the groove manner, <10 minutes rest between sets. I've never done more than 35 or so in a day, so I didn't know if I'd just crap out at some point. That last one, I almost didn't get.

Modern Forager