Monday, May 19, 2008

Do Not Attempt Alone


I made the mistake of trying to load this beast into the truck by myself Saturday. Some friends gave it to us for free...by free they meant I had to pick it up and take it home by myself (mind you, they have 4 teenage boys who were in the house, likely laughing their tails off or absorbed in some mind-numbing video game, at the time of this attempt).
I removed the thing from the ground, but by the time I tried to tip it into the truck I could feel the weight compressing my spine and I could feel myself sinking like quicksand - except I wasn't actually sinking, I was just getting shorter.
I was too lazy to take it apart, so this was the most "time efficient" way of bringing it home. Now my back is all out of whack and it's a good thing the Chuck Norris Routine (CNR) doesn't start until June 2nd.

3 comments:

Homer said...

what is that thing? looks like a fort or something. Way to to rig it up! (at the expense of your back)

Tom said...

It's an old, rotting cedar playground thingy. It definitely wasn't worth the trouble, but I told the guy I'd take it w/o looking at it and felt somewhat obligated to take it away.

Berb said...

way to go bonehead! it looks like a modern day rameumpton or something like that. Good job though. That must have been a good laugh seeing you make the attempt solo and then to see this think driving down the road.

Modern Forager